cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BESR backup job failed

b7luestar
Level 2

Hi,

I meet an error of Symantec System Recovery, the error information is as following:

Error EC8F17B7: Cannot create recovery points for job: ******** network 4 AM Backup of All Drives.
Error EC8F03ED: Cannot create the recovery point.
Error E7D1000B: Unable to make directory '//*******/*$/'.
Error EBAB03F1: The system cannot find the file specified. (UMI:V-281-3215-6071)

Details:
Source: Backup Exec System Recovery

It is a computer with windows 2003 sp1 back to another computer with windows 2003 sp1.

Anyone know what the cause(s) is? How to solve it?

Thanks ahead!

6 REPLIES 6

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

Is the target online ? Are the NTFS and Share Permissons OK ? Did the job work in the past ?

Jacob_A
Level 6
Employee

From the error message "Error E7D1000B: Unable to make directory '//*******/*$/'." it seems you are backing up to a hidden/administrative share.  This is not correct.  Try backing up to a normal share with the permissions set to allow everyone full access.  If that works then you can reduce permissions to a single user/group.

b7luestar
Level 2

The target is online. I am able to remote access to it. The sharing is also turned on and the problem seems to come out recently.

b7luestar
Level 2

'//*******/*$/' is actually not hidden. I hide it myself. It is a computer name plus a disk name. The actual format is //computer_name/g$/. Sharing is fully turned on.

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

Are the NTFS and Share Permissons OK ? Did the job work in the past ?

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

Any updates here ?