Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BESR bringing down websites

Gilly-Bhoy
Level 6
Partner
Hi All,

Have BESR 8.5.3 installed on a Webserver and according to their Web Administrator sites are "going down" around the same time that the BESR image is created.
I have gone through the Event Viewer on the server and can't find anything.
Has anyone seen anything like this before?

Cheers,
Gilly
7 REPLIES 7

Gilly-Bhoy
Level 6
Partner
Any ideas folks?

marcogsp
Level 6
Gilly -- Assuming this is not a E-Commerce website -- would it be possible to run a pre-imaging script to temporarily stop the web services, and then run another to restart the services after the post-snap portion of the imaging process.  If the website remains operational during the remainder of the imaging writing process, then the problem can be attributed to a resource confilict during the image capturing  process.

Gilly-Bhoy
Level 6
Partner

Thanks Marco. I'll look into this and get back to you.

Gilly

criley
Employee Accredited
Can you please be more specific when you say sites are 'going down'...

Also, have you monitored CPU during the backup to see if there are any particular processes that could be causing a problem?

Gilly-Bhoy
Level 6
Partner
I don't know Chris!
I have no involvement with the server.

I will see can I get more information. I just wanted to see if it rang any bells with anyone!

Thanks,
Gilly

Gilly-Bhoy
Level 6
Partner
I don't know Chris!
I have no involvement with the server.

I will see can I get more information. I just wanted to see if it rang any bells with anyone!

Thanks,
Gilly

Gilly-Bhoy
Level 6
Partner
Sorry gang!

The webserver manager forgot to mention that this problem has been going on for a while and pre-dates the BESR install!

Thanks anyway!
Gilly