cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BESR email notifications

LFMC
Level 3

Is there a way to send notifications via email regarding the status of the backups along with a few details about it, like the time it took to complete?
I am considering doing away with Backup Exec 12 but within this new application (Server Edition) I fail to see basic reporting capabilities, is the management portion of the software required to achieve the aforementioned tasks?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Andreas_Horlach
Level 6
Employee Accredited
When you open the BESR console, click on TASKS > OPTIONS. Then click on NOTIFICATIONS. This is where you can configure this. If you want more robust reporting, the BESR Manager does allows more reporting through reports and GUI. You can download that and evaluate it from the Symantec website to test.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Andreas_Horlach
Level 6
Employee Accredited
When you open the BESR console, click on TASKS > OPTIONS. Then click on NOTIFICATIONS. This is where you can configure this. If you want more robust reporting, the BESR Manager does allows more reporting through reports and GUI. You can download that and evaluate it from the Symantec website to test.

LFMC
Level 3
Thank you Andreas, that is what I feared, I will have to make do with high priority notifications since the Manager bit will be overkill for one system.
I have noticed the information I need is displayed under backup history details and I was wondering if I could parse a file other than the actual .v2i or .iv2i to obtain it. I have looked under "%allusersprofile%\Application Data\Symantec\Backup Exec System Recovery\" folders without much success. The parsing and emailing processes would be triggered by a command file.

Thnaks again,