cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BESR for Desktops and LUA

Alar
Level 3
Hi!
I noticed that on may machine which is running BESR 2010 it was updated via LiveUpdate -- connected directly to Symantec LU! As I'm running on site also LiveUpdate Admin I tried to find out is BESR for Desktops listed there, but ... couldn't find it. Yes, there appear BESR for Servers, but ... not for Desktops. I missed something!? LUA is 2.2.1.13.
More thanks, Alar.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

criley
Employee Accredited

I think you are confusing Backup Exec for Windows with Backup Exec System Recovery (server edition). They are 2 separate products.

As it says in that link, BESR currently does not work with LUA.

*** Please mark thread as solved if you consider this to have answered your question ***

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

criley
Employee Accredited

My understanding is that BESR does not work with LUA: http://support.veritas.com/docs/330301.

Could you possibly provide a screen shot of what you see in the list of products in LUA?

Alar
Level 3
Hi and thanks!
Here it is:
http://infutik.mtk.ut.ee/~alar.sysop/Varia/LUA_Add_To_My_Symantec_Products_20100324.JPG
BESR for Servers is listed there (see below). Well, I'm not sure. I'm sure I'd install at some point ... BESR_2010_9.0.0.35695. Today, during deploying BESR Agent's via my computer to other machines, I'd discover that my own machine version of BESR 9.0.1.x. I didn't update it myself! So, I thought, maybe it is possible via LUA! Apparently not! =)
Well, I have ZENworks, so ...
More thanks, Alar.

criley
Employee Accredited

I think you are confusing Backup Exec for Windows with Backup Exec System Recovery (server edition). They are 2 separate products.

As it says in that link, BESR currently does not work with LUA.

*** Please mark thread as solved if you consider this to have answered your question ***

Alar
Level 3
Ok, thanks! My mistake!
Alar.

Alar
Level 3
One more question!
Have You any ideas will they include it to LUA!? And when.
More thanks, Alar.