cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BESR server edition

rsymonds
Level 2

I have downloaded the trial version of backup exec system recovery server edition. I need to back up a HP server and restore it to a new server. As a test I have loaded the new server and taken a backup which is now located on a network share. On the new server I have made a  custom SRD. when I boot he system off the SRD and either do an automatic or manual configuration of the network settings it fails to start the network services. I am sure I have configured this correctly. I have used ghost on workstations in the past and this so far appears no different. Anyone have any suggestions. I attempted to contact support but it appears there is no support for this product. This also concerns me as the server license is not cheap. Any help would be appreciated. I am ready to look at other solutions as I have wasted way too much time on this already.

Bob

6 REPLIES 6

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

You could  check wheter the SRD has loaded a driver for your NIC. If not you need to add the appropriate driver either using drvload or when creating the custom SRD.

criley
Employee Accredited

If you are building a custom SRD, please remember that you MUST use a Windows 2008/Vista 32bit driver.

The BESR 2010 SRD uses WindowsPE 2.1:

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH136230

More details on Windows PE:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_Preinstallation_Environment

I attempted to contact support but it appears there is no support for this product

If you are trialling the product, it means that you are not entitled to support I'm afraid.

rsymonds
Level 2

I don't think they support the paid product and if I can't get this to work why would I want to buy it? I have enough challenges during the day...

criley
Employee Accredited

I don't think they support the paid product

Not sure where you are getting your information from but it's not correct.

NicholasC
Level 4

Trialware is not supported. If you want technical support, you would need to purchase a license AND a support contract to be able to speak with a technician

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

Have you been able to resolve the issue ?