cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BESR x.x - Support for roaming IT person?

MIXIT
Level 6
Partner Accredited
I have a customer with version 8.5 Desktop Edition on their server (XP...) so I'm somewhat familiar with the product but I've been wondering if any feature or version of BESR supports the ability for me to go to a customer site that doesn't have BESR anywhere and do an on-demand  backup say from a USB key or a USB-based external hard drive or just a CDROM. 

Or is this just a matter of me purchasing my own license of BESR and using it on a one-system-at-a-time basis?  Does the recovery CD create backups or just restore images?  

If it creates them, would I be safe in buying just one copy for myself and using it whenever I need to go onsite and create a quick single system backup?  typical scenario would be when dealing with system crashes where the image is going back on the same hardware. 

For scenario's where the customer bought a new PC I would not create an image of the old system and put it on the new one as usually that means carrying 3-5 years worth of junk over too - I prefer a clean install instead and just restoring the important stuff manually backed up. 

Also on that note, does anybody know of a product that is designed for backing up Outlook files/settings besides just the PST?    ("Settings" meaning account settings, rules, Junk Mail Safe/Blick lists, etc etc.)

So far in my product research I've seen that Backup4All does this it seems but I'm wondering if anything in the Symantec portfolio does. 

Thanks! 

0 REPLIES 0