cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BESR2010 cannot see System Reserved Drive in Windows Server 2008 R2

Rohaizad
Level 3

Hi,

Wondering if anyone have this kind of issue with BESR 2010. I noticed that some of the machines can see and some can't. Is this machine depended issue ? Hope someone can help me clarify or even better, solve it.

Thanks/Regards,

Rohaizad.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

rhino7961
Level 4

Rohaizad.   By default Windows 2008 R2 installs the System Reserved Partition as an EFI formated partition.  Symantec does not support this File System Type. You will have to research your installation options and install the System Reserved Partition as NTFS or install R2 without a System Reserved Partition.   I've had to rebuild several of my servers just so I can back them up and restore them with Symantec.  I chose to not install a System Reserved Partition.

Sorry for the bad news.

Rhino

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

Might this help: http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH147337&key=53847&actp=LIST

Rohaizad
Level 3

@Markus,

thanks for the reply, but this does not solve my issue as when i click at show hidden drive there is no hidden drive listed, but in the windows disk management, there is a system reserved partition listed. 

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

Well then I think you'd better file a case with Symantec.On my systems the beforementioned article works.

rhino7961
Level 4

Rohaizad.   By default Windows 2008 R2 installs the System Reserved Partition as an EFI formated partition.  Symantec does not support this File System Type. You will have to research your installation options and install the System Reserved Partition as NTFS or install R2 without a System Reserved Partition.   I've had to rebuild several of my servers just so I can back them up and restore them with Symantec.  I chose to not install a System Reserved Partition.

Sorry for the bad news.

Rhino

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

So may I ask you to mark this post as solved ?

Rohaizad
Level 3

hi  thanks for all the reply, my colleague have confirm that this is not because of the BESR.