cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BESRM 2010 (Next Run is scheduled in the past)

Brian_Tirado
Level 3
Hi Guys,

So I have a problem with jobs occasionally showing the Next Run Time scheduled in the past, I can eventually get them back on track for the most part between editing jobs, pushing, restarting services but anyone have the same experience and have any tips?

Brian
3 REPLIES 3

criley
Employee Accredited
What about the 'Last Run Time' - is this accurate when the 'Next Run Time' isn't? If both are wrong, it suggests that those client machines are not automatically contacting the server for updates (the default setting is 60mins).

To prove this theory you could setup a scheduled task on one client that restarts the altiris agent service after the backup is complete (for example). This should then force the client to update it's status to the server. It's not a solution as such, but it may tell us more in terms of where the problem lies.

Hope that helps.

*** Please mark thread as solved if you consider this to have answered your question ***

Brian_Tirado
Level 3
 Bumping the service does seem to fix the problem temporarily, would you suggest I just add a post script to the job to bump the altiris service to ensure it updates correctly or is there something else I can look at?

Brian

criley
Employee Accredited
I'd only consider that as a temporary workaround. If you continue to have this problem, the client logs would need to be analyzed. It might be a good idea to open a case with support in that case...