cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BESSystemRecovery654Hotfix2.zip needed

MattPersonal
Not applicable

I have an copy of Norton Ghost 10.0 that crashes when doing a right click on the file explorer for an external USB hard drive.  The bug is known by symantec and a hotfix was released according to the Knowledge base article "An error "Faulting module vproshellext.dll, version_number" occurs while viewing Backup Exec System ...  TECH55034 | 2008-01-25"

However, the knowledge base article says the hotfix "BESSystemRecovery654Hotfix2.zip" must be obtained by calling Symantec Technical Support.  I have done that and the symantec technical support refused to even try and look for this hotfix.  I can not find anywhere on the Symantec website for downloads of past bug fixes.  Does anybody have a copy of this hotfix?  or know of some way to just shut down the shell extension tab of Norton ghost.  It is a useless "feature" that now is causing system errors blocking me from getting to the other windows tabs when i go to the "properties" for the external hard drive.

This hotfix is for BESR 6.5 but i believe it would work for Norton Ghost 10.0 as well because the offending file that is causing the crash is vproshellext.dll and the hotfix appears to disable the vproshell to allow the user to see the windows properties of the volume.

Thanks

Matt

1 REPLY 1

David_F
Level 6
Employee Accredited