Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BIOS is not ACPI compatible

thecquet
Level 2
Partner

Hello all,

I've got a problem with the backup exec system recovery disc 2010.
When I try to boot with the CD (on USB CD Drive) or USB Key, I have this message :

Info : Windows failed to load beacause the firmware (BIOS) is not ACPI compatible.

A kb on symantec website tells to change the option in the BIOS but I don't have any option about ACPI.

I found that the CD BESR is a Windows PE 2.5 (Vista). But the hardware which I try to restore isn't compatible with vista.

Is there any solution for this problem like a Windows PE XP ?

Thanks.
12 REPLIES 12

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

You could try to get a SRD that is not based von Vista e.g. from BESR 8.5 or 7. That's the only thing i can think of.

thecquet
Level 2
Partner

After several Internet searches, versions 7 and 8.5 are also based on Windows Vista.
I still download these versions but I get the same error.

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

Well then I think you're simply out of luck.

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

Any updates here ?

Dickxons
Not applicable

Hi. First I wanna say that I'm not good with my English by I try to explaine what i did to resolve this problem...

Certeinly, y enter bios configuration. Then, in Power options (In my case, Power Management Setup) there's a option Power Managment/APM that I had disable, I change it to ACPI and save that configuration.

Finaly it work!!! I could star norton ghost in my pc.

Hope this was usefull for you and sorry if I made any mistake while I write because I just speak Spanish.

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

Would you mark this post as solved please ?

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

Would you please mark this post as solved ?

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

May I ask you to mark this post as solved ?

esteparonald
Level 1

restore to default setting of your bios then set your boot sequence then save

hi 

i have hp  laptop, windows vista,  few days ago i faced the same problem (bios is not ACPI compatible) i went through bios by pressing F10 long after switch on laptop, then chosed file then chosed default settings,( after this ,make sure that key function is enable,if not change from disable to anable,) then i pressed F10, then dos monitor appeared and i chosed "start up windows normally" then windows start.