cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Back Exec system recovery management 2010 installation error

fadihu
Level 3

Hi,

I'm trying to install the Backup Exec system recovery management 2010, I selected from "Symantec installation manager" the package "Symantec Management Platform SP4" and then configured the notification services options and choose the SQL db and then when I run the installation I get the following error:

There were errors during installation. The following product(s) failed during install (unless otherwise noted, components of these products that were installed before the error were rolled back):
Symantec Management Platform SP4 (7.0.7416)

Some of the configuration which I made:
(The installation readiness check pass)

Notification server configuration:
I kept the default website for the IIS settings (80)

Database configuration
Selected SQL Authentication for the DB

Windows 2008 SP2 32bit
SQL Server 2005 SP3
.Net Framework 3.5 SP1
IIS 7 (IIS 6 compatibility mode installed)
Any Advice really appreciated
Thanks,
Best regards,
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

criley
Employee Accredited

At the current time, BESR-MS (Management Solution) is not compatible with Windows 2008. Please refer to the SCL for more information:

ftp://exftpp.symantec.com/pub/support/products/Backup_Exec_System_Recovery_Server_Edition/336534.pdf

*** Please mark thread as solved if you consider this to have answered your question(s) ***

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

criley
Employee Accredited

At the current time, BESR-MS (Management Solution) is not compatible with Windows 2008. Please refer to the SCL for more information:

ftp://exftpp.symantec.com/pub/support/products/Backup_Exec_System_Recovery_Server_Edition/336534.pdf

*** Please mark thread as solved if you consider this to have answered your question(s) ***

fadihu
Level 3

Are they dropping the solution or what? since now 2008r2 out and 2003 is like 10 years old, there is no plans to at least support 2008!

Guess free products don’t get very good priority level in the development side.

Thanks for the guide that sorts out my issue. Looks like i will have to look for different solution than Symantec for desktops backup.

Best regards,

criley
Employee Accredited

Support for 2008 is coming for BESR-MS, but I do not know the timeframe yet.