cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backing up only changed files

hoemee
Level 4

Is there a way to completely back up a folder, regardless of whether or not the data has changed?  Right now the backup job is only backing up files within a folder that have changed.....what I would like is to backup the whole folder each time with every backup job.....

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

criley
Employee Accredited

I assume you are using the file/folder backup method...

If yes, the first backup will be a full and all subsequent backups will be incrementals. There is no way to change this.

The only way to do a full every time is to use the independent recovery point method. However, this will backup an entire volume - you cannot use this to only backup specified folders.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

Do you use a file and folder backup job for that ?

criley
Employee Accredited

I assume you are using the file/folder backup method...

If yes, the first backup will be a full and all subsequent backups will be incrementals. There is no way to change this.

The only way to do a full every time is to use the independent recovery point method. However, this will backup an entire volume - you cannot use this to only backup specified folders.

hoemee
Level 4

Thank you for your help - I guess I was looking for SSR to perform like BE 2012......which we can't use as we only have two woindows 7 machines, trying to back up data on....