cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backing up to two alternating external drives

David_Young
Level 2
I've got a customer with two external drives attached to a server, and he's attempting to use BESR to backup up his internal drives to each of those drives on alternating days. In other words, he'd like to back up to one drive on one day, the other drive on the next day, etc., so that he can take the unused drive offsite on its "off" day. Is this possible? After setting up the scheduled job to back up to one drive, he's unable to set up a second job to go to the other drive, because he gets the following error:

C:\ is already included in a scheduled job with incremental support (Recovery Point A). It cannot be included in this job as well.

Is there any way to do what he wants to do? If I could find a recent user's guide for BESR, I could probably help the guy, but when I try to download it, I get the LiveState Recovery user's guide from 2004. Surely there's a more recent version somewhere...

Thanks to anyone who can assist.
1 REPLY 1

David_Young
Level 2
Oh man, I may have figured this one out myself shortly after posting it. It makes perfect sense that you can't create a second job on something with incremental support. Duh...