cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec Desktop and Workstations

tremad12
Level 2

I have tried unsuccessfully to add workstation computers to my file server for backup.  I have verified that all of my security permissions and firewall setting are correct, however when I get to the "Enter Network Credentials" window I type in the required information I get the message "You will not be able to connect to the network unless you enter a valid user name and password.".  I have tried dozens of combinations in the User name field to no avail.  All computers are Windows 7, all computers are conected via peer to peer under the name WORKGROUP.  Could some one please tell me what the correct format is that I should be entering using the following information?

File Server Computer Name (the computer trying to access the remote computer): CompanyServer 

File Server User name: Company Server

Remote Computer Computer Name(the computer being accessed): Computer2

Remote Computer User name: Bob

I'd appreciate any help.  Thanks.

7 REPLIES 7

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

Hm, normally Computer2\BOB would be the format when trying to access Computer2 from CompanyServer. If you want to store data on CompanyServer  from Computer2 you must normally add CompanyServer \Company Server as user. Is there really a blank in the Username "Company Server" ?

tremad12
Level 2

Markus,

Thank you for your reply.  I have tried Computer2\BOB format before and that dose not work either, I agree that it should however!  Yes, there is a blank in the user name "Company Server".  Any other suggestions?  Thanks.  

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

Hm, could you get rid of the blank in the username ?

tremad12
Level 2

Tried it.  Didn't work either.

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

Well then you might file a case with symantec.

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

Any updates here ?

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

Any news here ?