cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec System Recovery 2010 Version 9 on SBS 2011?

sandroc
Level 2

Just inherited a new SBS 2011 server which a client has BESR 2010 Version 9.0 on.  The backup works fine, but the SBS console does not seem to recognize that the server is backed up (shows that "last backup is not configured on this server").  I am guessing that the version is incompatible and I need to upgrade.  I did a look through the forum and it seems that this is true: I am just looking for a quick clarification that this is correct. 

If they are compatible in some way, how do I get SBS 2011 to recognize that BESR is doing the backups?

6 REPLIES 6

criley
Employee Accredited

BESR 2010 (and SSR 2011) is compatible with SBS 2011.

Can you please confirm the service pack level you have (check in Help/About). The version will read 9.0.xxx

Also, I assume you are backing up the entire server?

sandroc
Level 2

Thanks for the quick reply!  The complete version is 9.0.4.42294 and yes, I am backing up the entire server.  Alright, so compatible in the sense that SBS should recognize that BESR is doing the backup for it?  Darn, now I guess I have to dig a little deeper.

criley
Employee Accredited

Well, it's compatible in the sense that the operating system is tested/supported. At this point, I do not know if we actually hook into the SBS console - I will need to look into this part.

Can you please provide a screenshot of what you are referring to? I don't have access to a SBS 2011 server at the moment.

criley
Employee Accredited

OK, I see the same thing here with SSR 2011 SP1 and SBS 2008.

At this point, I'm not sure if this is a defect or an enhancement. I will check on this and get back to you..

criley
Employee Accredited

OK, so it seems as though this is an enhancement request so please add this to the ideas section so that it can be considered for a future version:

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/backup-and-archiving/ideas

sandroc
Level 2

OK, I will do so.  Thank you for your time on it.