cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec System Recovery 2010 problem.

jhewson
Level 2

I have BESR 2010 on my Windows 7 64-bit PC. I just realized that I don't have a customized System Recovery Disk, so I set out to create one. When I run the "Create Custom Recovery Disk CD" function from the BESR UI. I get error ECA3040C. I found a Knowledgebase article at Symantec that addresses my exact problem (www.symantec.com/docs/TECH171338). However, when I go through the steps described in the article, my problem is not solved and I still get the exact same error when I run the "Create Custom Recovery Disk CD" function .

Please advise.

Thank you.

6 REPLIES 6

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

Hm, if you know the drivers you need to add you could use a standard SRD and load the drivers manually after the SRD is startet using the drvload uitility.

jhewson
Level 2

I'm not sure if I know the drivers. Will the choices be obvious for a Windows 7 Pro 64-bit PC?

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

Well you need to identify the drivers before hand and add them one by one afterwards. N.B: However, only 32bit drivers will work when you are trying to get hardware to work in the recovery environment before running a backup/restore.

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

Have yu been able to create your SRD yet ?

jhewson
Level 2

Still can't create custom SRD, but will (soon) try to use standard SRD and load needed drivers (as you wisely suggested).

Thanks.

Linas
Level 6

I have read many post ware the Multilingual Product worked when the English Recovery wouldn’t work