cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec not getting NIC drivers

Tony_1776
Level 3

I have BESR 2010 and recently customized the SRD to add more network drivers. However, I run into a problem where the SRD doesn't get the network adapter, despite having the correct drivers. Restarting the computer and booting back into the SRD will sometimes fix the issue. But I've had to restart quite a few times to get it to work on occasion. Any ideas as to why this would be happening? I figure it is just a timeout issue or something. It very frusterating especially on, slower computers, to have to wait for it to start up once, then restart and startup again etc...

Thought I should add that even when the network does work, sometimes halfway through the backup it will lose connection to the mapped drive and no longer work.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

Hm,i think the file is named something like autstart-network.xml. You need to mount the WIM file of the SRD.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

You could increase the timeout before the network stack of the SRD is started. This might allow the NIC driver to get fully loaded.

Tony_1776
Level 3

Do you know where the timeout is located?

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

Hm,i think the file is named something like autstart-network.xml. You need to mount the WIM file of the SRD.

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

Any updates ?

Tony_1776
Level 3

Well, I doubled the timeout and it doesn't entirerly fix the issue. It seems to happen less often, but I could have just gotten lucky. There seems to be somthing else going on. Its just so strange that it works sometimes and doesn't others.

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

Any updates here ?

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

Any news here ?

Tony_1776
Level 3

To be honest I haven't looked into it more. The time spent trying to fix this may not be worth the time saved. I'll mark it as complete and update if I find anything more out.