cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec system Recovery are not showing in the console ?

thilini_gunarat
Level 3
Symantec Backup Exec System Recovery Manager Ver: 7.0.1.21816

The installed agents are not showing in the manager console for a strange reason although:

1. No Gateways is being used

2. No Firewall / Router is in between

3. Manager & Agents are in the same subnet

4. Manager + agents licenses are installed

The clients should appear in the console after the restart, when I try to use the PublisherUI.exe tool to publish the agent into the console manually it keeps giving me "Failed" and in the Event Viewer I see this error:

Error E339197C: An error occurred while publishing. System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (502) Bad Gateway. The remote server returned an error: (502) Bad Gateway.

Details:

Source: Backup Exec System Recovery Management Control

Or

Error E339197C: An error occurred while publishing. System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: org.xml.sax.SAXException: Bad types (class com.symantec.sea.middleware.data.SystemConfig1 -> class com.symantec.sea.middleware.data.SystemConfig) org.xml.sax.SAXException: Bad types (class com.symantec.sea.middleware.data.SystemConfig1 -> class com.symantec.sea.middleware.data.SystemConfig)

Details:

Source: Backup Exec System Recovery Management Control

Please help me ASAP . thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

may3troi
Level 3
To resolve the error, remove the affected client from the Manager Server and then re-add it.

To remove and re-add the client:

1.On the LiveState Recovery Manager server, right click on the managed client that is giving the error, and click Remove Managed Computer.
2.Uncheck "Remove the agent before deleting the computers." And click OK.
3.On the client computer, right click the Livestate Recovery Agent, and click Run LiveState Recovery Management Control.
4.Click Publish Now. This should add the client to the Recovery Manager server.

If this does not successfully re-add the client, then uninstall Management Control on the client and then reinstall using the MSI command line.
From the MSI folder on the CD, run the following command:

To reinstall Management Control

1.On the client computer, open a command prompt and navigate to the MSI folder on the installation CD

2.Type the command below

msiexec /i "Management Control.msi" address=https://LSRM_ServerNameOr_IP:8443

3.Press Enter

This should reinstall Management Control and re-add the client to the Recovery Manager server.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

may3troi
Level 3
To resolve the error, remove the affected client from the Manager Server and then re-add it.

To remove and re-add the client:

1.On the LiveState Recovery Manager server, right click on the managed client that is giving the error, and click Remove Managed Computer.
2.Uncheck "Remove the agent before deleting the computers." And click OK.
3.On the client computer, right click the Livestate Recovery Agent, and click Run LiveState Recovery Management Control.
4.Click Publish Now. This should add the client to the Recovery Manager server.

If this does not successfully re-add the client, then uninstall Management Control on the client and then reinstall using the MSI command line.
From the MSI folder on the CD, run the following command:

To reinstall Management Control

1.On the client computer, open a command prompt and navigate to the MSI folder on the installation CD

2.Type the command below

msiexec /i "Management Control.msi" address=https://LSRM_ServerNameOr_IP:8443

3.Press Enter

This should reinstall Management Control and re-add the client to the Recovery Manager server.