cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup error details in Management Console

bha_gam
Level 3

Hello Gentle people.

I am running a Symantec System Recovery 2013 R2 for backing up Windows 7 computers.

After backup is done in Symanatec Management Console if I go to Reports > Backup and Recover > Backup Status of Managed Computers report it shows different status of the backup execution as shown below some showes At Risk some shows Need Attention etc...

2016-05-23_11-18-42.gif

Now, If I use Symantec System Recovery 2013 R2 Console to check backup status it gives me more details such as why status is set to At Risk or Attention Needed as shown below

At Risk.pngNeed Attention.png

Is there a way to view a detailed log(Reasons) details in Altiris Console? So, I can use that information for reporting purpose

Any kind of help or a pointer is highly appreciated.

Thank you.

9 REPLIES 9

criley
Employee Accredited

Yes. Go to the Manage Tasks tab, then Computers. You can click on the status of each machine to view more details.

bha_gam
Level 3

Hi Chris-

Sorry somehow, I'm not able to find this details in management console. Is this information stored in the database table somewhere?

criley
Employee Accredited

Go to Manage Tasks, select Computers, right-click on the machine in question, select Details.

From here you can see the overall status, events (this may show the reason for any failure), backup history etc.

bha_gam
Level 3

Error Details is stored in the database? so, I can pull that information in report using SQL Query

criley
Employee Accredited

Never tried it myself but you could look at Inv_BESR_ComputerState and/or Evt_BESR_Events

bha_gam
Level 3

I cannot find reason detials in Inv_BESR_ComputerState and/or Evt_BESR_Events tables..may be it's stored in different table?

criley
Employee Accredited

What exactly are you looking for here?

bha_gam
Level 3

In GUI when I go to Policies > Backup and Recovery > Backup Policies right clicking computer name > Symantec System Recovery Details gives backup status of that computer At Risk with more details as shown below

Is this information stored somewhere in the table? so, I can use this information in the report I'm trying to create using SQL Query

2016-06-08_12-25-43_0.gif

criley
Employee Accredited

I will have to check on this and get back to you ..