cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup job is successfull but recovery point is blank

najmulhasan
Level 4

Hi Team,

My SSR 2013 backup job is successfull but when opened is blank.I was able to open it untill yesterday.

The drive is SAN based NTFS formatted  about 4TB in size. used space  is 3.4TB.

Any help would be appreciated.

regards

14 REPLIES 14

criley
Employee Accredited

This is an incremental backup (.iv2i). Are you seeing the same issue with full backups (.v2i)?

And what is the size of the incremental backup file?

najmulhasan
Level 4

Yes....Its the same...The incremental backup job is successfull with no errors and i could see byte size of about 1Gb.

Pls help me

Regards

criley
Employee Accredited

Are you backing up any other volumes on the same server? If yes, do you see the same problem or is the issue only seen with this SAN volume?

najmulhasan
Level 4

Yes there is local disk also been backedup on to the same destination LUN,but there is no issue .Iam able to open C Drive.

najmulhasan
Level 4

When i open the main recovery point i have the following error

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH222352

This is not a dedup storage.

criley
Employee Accredited

So what operating system is this on?

And what specific version of SSR do you have (check in Help/About for version details)?

Have you tried the workaround mentioned in that article? Right-click on the file and choose mount option - this will mount the image as a temporary volume. Does this help?

najmulhasan
Level 4

OS is windows 2008R2 sp1

SSR Version is 2013sp1

I tried to open this on server 2012R2 and it didnt work.Its Blank there as well.

criley
Employee Accredited

And what about the workaround (right-click, mount) ?

criley
Employee Accredited

And if the mount option does not help, try updating to SP2 (http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH214768).

A reboot is needed after installing SP2.

najmulhasan
Level 4

Mounting the drive failed.

Had updated to sp2 and changed the backup destination to NAS shared device.Running a full backup job now.Since the used size is around 3.4 TB the backup job will run more than a day.Will post the results after the job is complete.

criley
Employee Accredited

Mounting the drive failed.

Failed with what error? Or does it just mount a blank/empty volume?

criley
Employee Accredited

Any updates on this?

najmulhasan
Level 4

Hi Chris,

Sorry for the delayed response.My backup job to a different destination is working fine.The Incrementals are also successfull.Iam able to explore them successfully.and can  mount them .I had also performed to do a partial restore and it worked fine.

But still confused why it happened on the other LUN.

Does this error occour with a shared LUN as the detaination for my backup job previously  was pointing to a LUN which was shared with another server as well.

Regards

criley
Employee Accredited

Can you provide more details on the old (not working) and new (working) backup destinations please?

Hardware manufacturer for devices, file system etc.