Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup

Raritan
Level 4
Partner

Hi Team,

I want to plan for deploying backexec solution in my infrastructure for backing up Servers and workstation data and their entire system image also . Incase is system crash we can restore from the latest image file . Below is my query please revert soon as possible .

1) Do backupexec have the image backup option or its yes what its called .

2) Do the image backup will take care for backing the entire drive of the server including database and application e.g SQL database, Oracle database , Application , or we also need to purchase license for the database application with the image restoration backup application  

12 REPLIES 12

chvgms
Level 5

Hi,

I suggest you go for BESR 2010 which can backup the whole machine as a image file and easy to retore incase of server crash. Also you can convert physical to virtual and vice versa if you want to restore physical machine on VM or VM on physical.

Thanks,

Sridhar

Raritan
Level 4
Partner

Thanks for the reply

BESR 2010 for image . If i need to take the backup or restoration  of individual drive volume and some specific folders . which one  do you recommend .

Also can i get the pricing list for the client license and backup software license price

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

With BESR you can do both: Restore the whole drive AND mount the backup image e.g. as drive g: and simply copy the files and folders you want to restore.

Regarding pricing, take a look here:

http://www.symantec.com/business/products/purchasing.jsp?pcid=pcat_business_cont&pvid=1602_1

You only need to license the servers you want to backup, there no additional client licenses or so.

Raritan
Level 4
Partner

Hi markus,

In my infrastructure i have application server as well desktop machines also . My requirement is to backup both . Few application server is having SQL and Oracle database also installed need few clarification regarding .

1) If i go for BSER do i have to  seperate license for SQL and Oracle or recovery image will take care of backingup and restoring the the image with the database .

2) In the above statement you say " You only need to license the servers you want to backup, there no additional client licenses or so." Does it mean that i can installed as much client i can or it doesnt support  desktop image backup and recovery . Please allobarate more on this

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

1) No, the recovery image will take care of that, as long as you enable the "use full vss backup" option in the relevant backup job.

2) No, you need 1 license for each computer you want to backup, no mather if its a client or a server.

Raritan
Level 4
Partner

Hi Markus ,

Please help me to get the licenicing price  for the no of servers . Attached is the excel sheet . Please treat it urgent need to handover to my manager .

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

As I dont have the discounts you might get please call the following symantec telephon number to get your price: 1-877-294-5255 or look for a local reseller here

http://partnerlocator.symantec.com/public/search;country=United%20States;v=advanced_results;product=Backup%20Exec%20System%20Recovery%20Server%20Edition/?inid=biz_product_backup_exec_system_recovery_server_edition

Raritan
Level 4
Partner

Dear markus ,

I am located in bahrain (middle east) . Atleast you can help me to get some figure . By the mean time i will look try for  reseller also who is their in bahrain .

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

According to the website http://www.symantec.com/business/products/purchasing.jsp?pcid=pcat_business_cont&pvid=1602_1 and you information:

38 backup exec system recovery server edition licenses  for server  +1 year essential maintenance =  $35,300.48

52 backup exec system recovery desktop edition licenses  for clients +1 year essential maintenance = $3,994.12

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

Any updates here ?

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

Any updates here ?

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

May I ask you to mark this post as solved ?