cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backups failing with errors 0xe7c3000f, 0xbab000d, 0xbab0009,0x27352268

MoAli1
Level 3

Hi,

I was hoping someone could help, i am getting the below error and can't seem to find much help online regarding this.

I have tried a chkdsk however it still fails after this. I am running BESR 2010. 

Full backup of Drive E:\ FAILED. The exact message is: Result (0xe7c3000f 37 SECTORBUFFER_ERROR_DEVICE_READ_FAILED Args [4] Arg (0xbab000d 21 \\?\SymantecSnapshot2) Arg (0xbab0009 0x27352268) Arg (0xbab0009 0x2018) Arg (0xbab0012 Result (0xebab03f1 14 ERROR_OS_ERROR Args [1] Arg (0xbab000d 19 Incorrect function.);));)

Thanks,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

criley
Employee Accredited

@MoAli1

It sounds like a failing hard disk to me. Try backup with the 'ignore bad sectors' option enabled.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

criley
Employee Accredited

@MoAli1

It sounds like a failing hard disk to me. Try backup with the 'ignore bad sectors' option enabled.

@criley

How would i go about selecting the option for ignore bad sectors.

criley
Employee Accredited

@MoAli1

You need to go into the advanced options of the backup job. Details here: https://www.veritas.com/docs/100037577

@criley

I have ran a Dell Hardware diagnostic and it indicates the hard disk is fine.

Is there anything else it could be?

criley
Employee Accredited

I cannot think of anything else to be honest with you. Does it always fail?

@criley

It has been over a month now that it has failed every day. The rest of the disk complete it's just this one that it fails on. 

@criley

Is there anything else you think it could be?

criley
Employee Accredited

@MoAli1

Not really, no.

Did you try the ignore bad sectors option?

@criley

Yep gave it a try with ignore bad sectors on yesterday and it backed up the drive without any issues. Looks like it is a drive going bad then. Thanks for the help.