cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Better messages needed in SSR 2013 R2 Service Pack 4

AirGig
Level 3

For the developers:

First, thank you for continuing to improve the one program I rely on to protect my job by saving my bacon, er, data!

A couple of comments about the SP4 installation experience:

The SP4 update program nor the Change Log mention anything about SP3 needing to be installed first.  Please be more specific in communication about this and have the SP program self-determine if the pre-requisite SP is installed yet, and if not, pop-up an explanatory msg on screen.

When installing SP4 a second time (yes, perhaps because the administrator, while updating a ton of other servers to SP4 in the dead of the night, forgot if it had been installed yet), the error message that appears is very unclear.  It says to call Symantec tech support instead of more productively saying "This Service Pack does not need to be installed again."

Will you please address these matters and keep elaborate comminication and the user experience in mind when developing SSR?

Thanks!

1 REPLY 1

criley
Employee Accredited

SP3 is not required in order to install SP4 as far as I know. As long as you are running 2013 R2, it should not matter which service pack level you are currently on. Please provide more details if you are seeing anything different to this.

As for attempting to install SP4 when it's already installed, I agree - the wording could be better. I will pass this feedback on to our engineering team.