cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blue screen after restore "stop 0x0000007b (0xf789a640,0xc0000034,0x00000000,0x00000000)"

Vesa
Level 2
Hi,
Trying to use BESR 6.5 to recover a drive.
The target recovery machine has a different raid controller and thats probably whats causing the issues.
BESR has no issues restoring to the drive.
Soon as you attempt to boot up I get stop 0x0000007b (0xf789a640,0xc0000034,0x00000000,0x00000000)
I do NOT get the "inaccessible boot device" error message part like so many others get.
This is on windows 2003 SBS

any ideas on how to get around this would be appreciated ( I cant find reference to that exact message on google at all)

Message Edited by Vesa on 09-05-2007 07:42 PM
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Vesa
Level 2
OK, spoke to local support.
found out you had to activate first to be able to see the restore anywhere option (it would be nice if the product told me that thats why i didnt see it during the restore phase).
I didnt activate because im testing it out on a server here before using it at a clients.
local support provided me with a trial key so i dont have to use our real key to test the product out first

you can close this thread.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Bill_Felt
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified
Hello,

I presume you are using the restore anyware feature of the product?  Can you tell us what make and model of raid controller is in the target system?

Thanks.

Vesa
Level 2
Hi, Im using the symantec back exec system recovery cd for windows small business server(6.5) , if thats what you mean by restore anywhere?

The card in the target system is an adaptec 2120S raid controller.

Message Edited by Vesa on 09-09-2007 05:37 PM

Vesa
Level 2
Ok, just tried with 7.01. same problem.
But Ive been reading around, and I found something about the "use restore anywhere" option. I dont see this option, yet were using a a fully licensed product ( I read its not available in trial versions), I just downloaded the ISO image from licensing.symantec.com
 What do I need to do to make this option appear??!!?

Ok, Ive got a license file for the product now, let me guess, The license file needs to activated before you make your image for the restore anywhere option to appear in system recovery bootable cd options?

Message Edited by Vesa on 09-11-2007 05:47 PM

Vesa
Level 2
OK, spoke to local support.
found out you had to activate first to be able to see the restore anywhere option (it would be nice if the product told me that thats why i didnt see it during the restore phase).
I didnt activate because im testing it out on a server here before using it at a clients.
local support provided me with a trial key so i dont have to use our real key to test the product out first

you can close this thread.

techease
Not applicable
Thanks for coming back and updating with solution.

erikw
Level 4
Techease,
Please mark the answer as solution when your problem is solved.