cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CHECK failed, Computer::CreateImageFile: Computer.cpp(1500)

Anguel
Level 4

Hi!

I have two PCs running SSR 2013 with the same configuration. One works perfectly but the other gives an error on incremental backups:

CHECK failed, Computer::CreateImageFile: Computer.cpp(1500)

Now I see that there is some internal hotfix but it is not fully tested:

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH217964

I wonder if there is some more information what causes this kind of error? Thanks in advance.

Anguel

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anguel
Level 4

Hi Chris,

I found out that the problem occured when I had created an incremental base backup and manually ran a new incremental backup. This second incremental always failed with the error above.

But then I let SSR run that second incremental backup automatically on schedule (no user logged in, if that matters somehow) and then the incremental was created successfully without problems. After having done this, now I can run new incrementals automatically or manually and this works without problems. Looks like the error does not occure any more.

You can pass this information to your developers if you think it might be interesting for them. I don't have time to discuss this with Symantec support...

EDIT: I marked this as my solution.

Regards,

Anguel

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

criley
Employee Accredited

I cannot provide details on what causes this error but if you want to try the hotfix, you will need to open a support case.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Anguel
Level 4

Hi Chris,

I found out that the problem occured when I had created an incremental base backup and manually ran a new incremental backup. This second incremental always failed with the error above.

But then I let SSR run that second incremental backup automatically on schedule (no user logged in, if that matters somehow) and then the incremental was created successfully without problems. After having done this, now I can run new incrementals automatically or manually and this works without problems. Looks like the error does not occure any more.

You can pass this information to your developers if you think it might be interesting for them. I don't have time to discuss this with Symantec support...

EDIT: I marked this as my solution.

Regards,

Anguel