cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can not install agent on Win 2003 x64 Standard

MarkAtQC
Not applicable
I've got a problem with a remote server that I simply can't connect to from my BESR 8.5 Server Edition server:

If I use my domain admin credentials, I get the little box with the line going accross (like it's trying to communicate) and then nothing nothing happens except at the botom left, I get "cannot communicate to the agent on SERVER1"  It never asks me for my credentials, however I can open a drive mapping on the remote server, so this isn't really surprising.  I get the same situation if I use the local administrator, the only difference being that it does prompt me for credentials.  It then appears to connect, but again, I get the "cannot comunicate to the agent on SERVER1"

Same situation if I use the IP address, rather than the server name.

If I browse for the remote server, I find that the BESR server thinks that there's a v7.0 client on the remote server, SERVER1.  However, I am unable to determine if there ever was an agent installed on the server.  There doesn't seem to be any indication on the remote server (SERVER1) that it was.

I've rebooted the remote server a number of times.

The worst part about this whole deal is that when I try to select the "Deploy Agent" option on the home page of the BESR server, absolutely NOTHING happens!  There's not even anything entered into the pushlog.txt file!

I've never seen anything like this before.  Could it be because the remote server to which I'm trying to deploy the agent is a Win 2003 Standard x64 server, and I'm deploying it from a 32bit Enterprise server?  I haven't been able to find anything on the Internet, and everything I found at the Symantec web site implies that this should work just fine on Windows 2003 x64 servers.

Thanks in advance,

Mark
0 REPLIES 0