Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't either install or uninstall SSR 2011on SBS 2008 FE

Mr_R
Level 4
Partner
Dear team
our customer use SSR 2011, they has instaled on server sbs 2008 FE, after doing first fresh installation, the SSR going to be hang/no  respon,
I've tried to uninstall it SSR2011, but could not finish,
I look at the symantec folder on all program, there is no recovery symantec but if I look at the control panel, programs, there seems symantec recovery 223mega byte.
I search symantec, symantec recovery invisible.
I reinstall, not install new, but as if it already exists recovery, the Modify option, repair and remove are shown.
if dimodify, or repair, out error 1970.
so on.
Why is that?
Please info, this recovery can running on win sbs 64 bit?
So now, symantec recovery can not be installed, and also can not uninstall.
The first time was able diisntal once, and had activated, but it would not long continue to run the recovery program does not work? / hang, and on reboot, and look like this.
But other programs, and the server, still the way as usual

Best Regard
5 REPLIES 5

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

Have you tried uninstall.bat for SSR 2011 -> http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH157372

wadalba
Not applicable
Dear team
we install SSR 2011on server sbs 2008 R2, after doing first fresh installation, the SSR going to be hang/no  respon,
I've tried to uninstall,installl,raiper,remove it SSR2011, but could not finish,
I look at the symantec folder on all program, there is no recovery symantec but if I look at the control panel, programs, there seems symantec recovery 2011.
I search symantec, symantec recovery invisible.
I reinstall, Modify option, repair and remove are nothing work still in add remove program and give me this error(Product: Symantec System Recovery 2011 -- ERROR: Failed to have success running InstallDriver function in MSIInstallDriver Function ) please help me what to do.........................!!!!!!!!

Mr_R
Level 4
Partner

yes i did, i did using uninstall.bat, but its still undone,

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

Have you tried removing SSR from the MSI Databse using the

Windows Installer Cleanup Utility ?

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

Have you had a chance to try ?