cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can`t install Backup Exec Sytem recovery

outerim
Level 3

Hello, I have the same issue as in this topic "https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/forums/besr-2010-cannot-uninstall"

After successfull uninstalliation with batch file "UninstallBESR2010", I`m trying to reinstall BESR again (clean install), but I get an error (see attach)

what can this be ?

33 REPLIES 33

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

Have you also used the MSIZAP utility to really get rid of all Windows Installer information related BESR ? You might also check wether under HKLM\Software\Symantec\ there are any remains of BESR after running the uninstall.bat and the MSIZAP utility. Furthermore you could have a look at the Logfile of the MSI Installer to get more details about the error.

outerim
Level 3

I`ve used  MSIZAP utility with G option and some manual method to clean up registy of any remains of BESR, but the problem still exist

where can I fing msi installer log file ? 

and maybe there r some other options to use with MSIZAP ?

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

To generate the logfile you have to run the installation in this way:

msiexec /i PATHTOMSIFILE /l*vx c:\LOG.txt

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Take a registry backup & browse to the path ~ HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\Installer...Remove these 2 keys if present In Progress & Rollback..Re-run the install again.

outerim
Level 3

2VJware

there are no such keys in this path

2Markus

I`ve created a log file, but it dosn`t give any sense to me what to do next

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

MSI (s) (38:44) [14:41:49:565]: Note: 1: 1935 2: {63E949F6-03BC-5C40-A01F-C8B3B9A1E18E} 3: 0x800736FD 4: IAssemblyCacheItem 5: Commit 6: policy.8.0.Microsoft.VC80.CRT,publicKeyToken="1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b",type="win32-policy",version="8.0.50727.762",processorArchitecture="x86"
MSI (s) (38:44) [14:41:49:565]: Assembly Error (sxs): Please look into Component Based Servicing Log located at -150543240ndir\logs\cbs\cbs.log to get more diagnostic information.
Error 1935.An error occurred during the installation of assembly component {63E949F6-03BC-5C40-A01F-C8B3B9A1E18E}. HRESULT: 0x800736FD. assembly interface: IAssemblyCacheItem, function: Commit, assembly name: policy.8.0.Microsoft.VC80.CRT,publicKeyToken="1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b",type="win32-policy",version="8.0.50727.762",processorArchitecture="x86"
MSI (s) (38:44) [14:42:14:103]: Product: Symantec Backup Exec System Recovery 2010 -- Error 1935.An error occurred during the installation of assembly component {63E949F6-03BC-5C40-A01F-C8B3B9A1E18E}. HRESULT: 0x800736FD. assembly interface: IAssemblyCacheItem, function: Commit, assembly name: policy.8.0.Microsoft.VC80.CRT,publicKeyToken="1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b",type="win32-policy",version="8.0.50727.762",processorArchitecture="x86"

Can you fetch the cbs.log ?

outerim
Level 3

sure

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

What OS are your running the installation ?

outerim
Level 3

Windows Server 2008R2 SP1

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

Did you run the setup as administrator ?

omnicron
Level 3

something has happened to my account, it`s me, outerim )

of course I run setup, as administrator

it all began with this error

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/forums/multiple-step-ole-db-operation-generated-errors

then I`ve installed pach from symantec on two servers

on the first server this error disapeared, and on the second one there was an error during patching, that spopped BSER from further working, so, I`ve decided to delete it and thats how it started :) 

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

Are you entitled to file a case ?

omnicron
Level 3

2Markus 

refrase plz, I don`t quite understand u

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

Can you open a support case with symantec ?

omnicron
Level 3

what should I do to open it ?

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

Go to mysupport.symantec.com, register there and open a support case OR try to get in touch with support via phone: http://www.symantec.com/support/techsupp_contact_phone.jsp

omnicron
Level 3

thank u, I`ll try

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

Did you resolve the issue yet ?

omnicron
Level 3

I was using 9.0.1 version of BSER, last issue resolved by installing 9.0.5

but now it is in trial mode and doesn`t accept my license key, I`ve already unistalled 9.0.5 and installed 9.0.1 (thouthgt the problem was here) but no use