cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't restore UEFI based recovery point on BIOS based computer

mtanneryd
Level 3

I have a Thinkpad T530 and I have several backups taken with SSR 2013. I am trying to restore a complete backup to a new disk but it fails complaining on UEFI/BIOS problems. It seems to me that the SSR 2013 recovery CD loads from BIOS instead of UEFI eventhough it loads from UEFI when booted from the original SSD. What is going on? I expected this to be super easy, restoring a backup onto the same computer with a new hard drive.

/Måns

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

mtanneryd
Level 3

The UEFI related problems disappeared when I downloaded the latest version of the SSRD and used that to boot the recovery process. At first I did not realize I needed the recovery disk to be updated as well as the backup program.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

Have a look here: https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/blogs/restoring-uefi-based-system-symantec-system-recovery-2013

mtanneryd
Level 3

Thanks for answering. I have tried this but it does not work. The only thing that differs in the suggested post compared to what I have done is that they do not select "Restore master boot record". Perhaps this will make a difference? I'll try it.

/Måns

brandon_nguyen
Level 3

I had exactly same problem but my approach is a little difference from the instruction of the link up there but at least it worked for me, like more than a dozen times already ;)

I run 0-1_drive partition first and apply it to MBR partition of disk 1 or just disk 1 if you've already wiped out the whole drive, then apply C_drive on the second (big) partition or same disk 1 if wiped out; so far it always work for me. To me, when select the first file in the sequence, it auto picks up all iteration files, so hope this help ;)

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

Any updates here?

mtanneryd
Level 3

The UEFI related problems disappeared when I downloaded the latest version of the SSRD and used that to boot the recovery process. At first I did not realize I needed the recovery disk to be updated as well as the backup program.

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

Great ! So please mark this post as solved then.