cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot complete consolidation of incremental recovery points.

sandys
Level 4
Partner Accredited

Have any1 seen this. below error came on my 12 servers, out of them on 6 servers both C& D drive backups successful, on 3 servers only D drive backup successful,  remaining 3 servers are still showing 94%--(since 3 to 4 hours)

the worst case is that even below error coming, 6 servers are doing good job while others are not. and remaining still doing

Date: 4/11/2012 9:01:51 AM
Notification Type: Error
Priority: High

Description: Error EC8F17D8: Cannot complete consolidation of incremental recovery points.

Error EC8F041F: Cannot consolidate incremental recovery points.

Error EBAB0013: A test that safeguards the integrity of the program failed unexpectedly. CHECK failed, BitmapInternal::RunListBase<unsigned __int64>::RunListBase: d:\ComponentReleases\Base_Main\ws\Base/Dev/Bitmap/RunListBase.inl(158): mRunListCount < maxRuns.

Error EBAB0013: A test that safeguards the integrity of the program failed unexpectedly. %1

Details: 0xEBAB0013

the second case is that below at 11PM the C drive full backup has to run but only below log found and no backup run at this time.

Info 6C8F0427: Backup Exec System Recovery service started successfully.
Details:
Source: Backup Exec System Recovery

4 REPLIES 4

criley
Employee Accredited

What version are you running?

This was fixed in BESR 2010 SP3 (9.0.3):

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH135001

sandys
Level 4
Partner Accredited

thanks for yr reply

BESR version 9.0.0.35656 but what abot the second case is the really SP 3 requires.

also note that i have 60 servers on which BESR installed and we dont use BESR-MS for monitoring backups.

also if this patch requires restart. is there any script for this patch that can be run after the prodution hours. and without any human or manual requests..

criley
Employee Accredited

You are running a VERY old version of BESR. There have been 4 service packs since the original release so a number of issues have been fixed.

I would recommend you update one or two machines to the latest service pack (SP4) to see if this helps.

Reboot IS required.

sandys
Level 4
Partner Accredited

at current state i got to know this is because of the option in BESR i.e.

Automatically optimize is set to every 12 hours.

i changed it to never.

and this is kept under observation . but i think this small setting could solve my issue..