cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot delete Recovery Point Set

James_Walton
Level 4

SSR 2013

When I try to delete a Recovery Point Set I get the message "Successfully deleted 0 policies."

If I edit the policy then use the menu in the top-left corner to try and delete it I get the message "The item is being referenced by one of more other items. You must first delete these items...."

It then provides a link to view the referenced item, which is apparently a filter.

If I look at this filter, I can see it has no members and is not referenced by any other objects.

If I try to delete this filter, it won't let me, with the same error message as above.

Completely stuck now with no idea what to do!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

James_Walton
Level 4

This was fixed by installing the latest hotfix for SSR management solution

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

criley
Employee Accredited

Bit confused .... are you trying to delete the policy or some recovery points? It sounds like you are trying to delete the policy but you said: 'When I try to delete a Recovery Point Set I get the message ...'

James_Walton
Level 4

I'm trying to delete the Recovery Point Set which is under Backup Policies.

criley
Employee Accredited

I think you mean that you are trying to delete the backup policy. Right?

Can you provide a screenshot that shows this? This will make it clearer ..

James_Walton
Level 4

Hi Chris

Screenshot attached.

criley
Employee Accredited

OK, thanks. So it's deleting a policy then ..

So is this problem specific to a certain policy? Or have you seen the same issue when trying to delete other policies?

Also, have you removed the association with the client machines before attempting to delete it? Best way to do this is to disable the policy first, then wait for the client machines to update themselves with the management solution server (by default, the update interval is 1 hour).

James_Walton
Level 4

I can delete other policies without any problem.

I've tried to remove the server's association by disabling the policy, and also by removing the computer from the Apply/Unapply screen, but it still shows as assigned to 1 Computer in the list.

criley
Employee Accredited

The screenshot shows you are running the 2013 version of the Management Solution. You may want to consider updating to 2013 R2 to see if this helps.

Other than than, I would recommend opening a support case for this issue - it requires more detailed investigation.

James_Walton
Level 4

This was fixed by installing the latest hotfix for SSR management solution