cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot install altiris agent on windows 7 32bit, remotely

karinjo
Level 4
Partner Accredited Certified

I installed Symantec System Recovery management solution on virtual machine with 4gb ram, 127gb hdd and windows server 2008 r2 x64 standard os.

It was successfull. I'm working in domain environment and I work with domain admin account, everything.

Now,  I'm trying to deploy altiris agent into windows 7 32bit machine... but unsuccessfully.

---Help me someone please

What I need to install on client computers and how to configure it, before installing altiris agent remotely?

thanks

13 REPLIES 13

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

Have you imported the computers from AD to the SSR-MS ?

karinjo
Level 4

yes, computers are imported, but something is going wrong during remotley install altiris agent..

there are no any issues or errors or warning in event logs 

nvincoy
Not applicable
Partner Accredited

same thing here i cannot use my altriris agent push features with same OS

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

Hm, then you'd better file a case with Symantec.

Andreas_Horlach
Level 6
Employee Accredited

By default, firewall is enabled on Windows 7. Windows defender may be enabled also. Start at the client end and review the security logs. Other than that, as long as you are in the same domain, you should be able to deploy. If you are getting an error, you may want to include a screenshot.

karinjo
Level 4

All my computers are in the same domain environment. Firewall is disabled by domain policy, windows defender is disabled too. I have symantec endpoint protection 12 but without firewall component. I tried remote install on machine where is no sep12 installed, but it was unsuccessful.

I installed altiris agent on the client workstation, locally, but remotely installation from manager console is impossible. I tried remote install on another client OS, windows xp 32bit, but that is unsuccessful too.

Maybe my client computers doesn't have system requirements, but I think they have.

What are the system requirements for altiris agent installing on the client workstations, 32/64bit?

Andreas_Horlach
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Click here for the Symantec Management Platform user's guide, then go to the bottom of page 107, paying particular attention to the bottom of page 108:

http://www.altiris.com/upload/smplat_user_gde_001.pdf

karinjo
Level 4

I read this article and I found that all my computers meets the system requirements for remote install altiris agent. I don't know what can be problem in my case.

Andreas_Horlach
Level 6
Employee Accredited

After you install the Symantec Management Agent on your client, before you install any backup software, does the client communicate back to the server? Also, once the client is installed, when you click on 'settings', do you you see the correct address for the server? (It would likely be the FQDN.)

criley
Employee Accredited

Do you have any Windows 7 x64 in your environment? If yes, does this work on those systems?

karinjo
Level 4

yes, my client communicate with his parent server, because I use correct address from the settings on the server. I use this address "http://xxx/Altiris/NS/Agent/AltirisAgentDownload.aspx" where "xxx" is name of my ssr server. I successful install agent manually with pulling, and after that I can install plugin and backup software remotley, but I would like to know why I cannot install agent remotely

karinjo
Level 4

Chris , I didn't try installing agent on windows7 x64, but I have it, and I will try it.

I tried remote install agent only on x86 machines, xp and w7.

maese_oli
Not applicable

On W7

If you have access to shares, FW down (or open ports 80, 445; or file share), then:

1. Try disabling UAC (User Access Control).
  2. Administration shares being disabled by default

You must have ADMINISTRATIVE PRIVILIGES on ADMIN$ share.

Check the link below for more details, ianatkin commets:

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/forums/issue-installation-symantec-management-agent-70-windo...

Symantec is WAY BEHIND Altiris in document quality and clarity. Not to mention the complete lack of reference of W7 Symantec Agent delivery issues.

There are more info about it provided by consultans and users here, than Symantec Employess.

IT'S A SHAME.

Kind regards,

Eugenio