cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot restore 2008 R2 image files - Symantec System Recovery 2011

ITO
Level 2

Hi

Does anyone know how to restore 2008 R2 image files without System Reserved Partition?

Recovery process can be done successfully but it fails to restart with error "Auto check program is not found"

I am sure it can be recovered with system reserved partition but we have some live servers without system reserved area.

Thank you very much for your help !!

8 REPLIES 8

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

Afaik if there is a system reserved partition you have to restore it. But as you said there is not necessarily a system reserved partition on each server 2008R2. Afaik it depends on the way you install the OS.

criley
Employee Accredited

Need a bit more information please.

Are you moving from physical to virtual environment for example?

What options did you choose when you restored (MBR, disk signature etc)?

ITO
Level 2

HI Chris,

Thank you very much for your response.

I was going to restore to a same physical hardware also did attempt to restore to a virtual machine on Hyper-V many times, but the result was the same.

Sorry, I do not remember exactly the restore option, but used the default ones as well as ,many different combinations. Symantec support advised to choose MBR and ticked off disk signature.. but none of options worked..

Any ideas? 

criley
Employee Accredited

So you have a support case open already then? Can you give me the case id please?

ITO
Level 2

It is Case 417-653-975. I was told to upload my image files to a FTP site but image files are large volume (32GB)

and very difficult environment to upload them so It is great if I could solve here.

criley
Employee Accredited

If restoring to different hardware, you should choose the following options:

• Set drive active
  • Restore MBR
  • Restore disk signature

Have you tried a restore with all those options? What results do you get?

ITO
Level 2

Yes,  but no luck. It failed witht the same error."Auto check program is not found" and blue screen comes up.

Thanks

vmantia1980
Level 2

Any update on this?  Having the same issue.