cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot restore recovery point to VMware server

bschkltd
Level 4
Hi all,

Today I tried to restore the recovery point to the VMware server (the most update 1.05 version), but when I import the file it display the following error:

TranslateError: original Description is A V2I library function call failed: Error ED800001: \\UNCpath\test.iv2i is corrupt, because its size is not a valid image size.
TranslateError: now err -2147213303: VMware Virtual Machine Importer has encountered an internal error: A V2I library function call failed: Error ED800001: \\UNCPath\test.iv2i is corrupt, because its size is not a valid image size.

FromSourceVM error: VMware Virtual Machine Importer has encountered an internal error: A V2I library function call failed: Error ED800001: \\UNCPath\test.iv2i is corrupt, because its size is not a valid image size.

I had tried to search the error code in google but no luck.  And I also tried another server recovery point, it got the same error message, so can anyone can tell me how can I solve this problems?

Thank you very much
1 REPLY 1

David_F
Level 6
Employee Accredited

You may want to review the following technote:

Getting, "ED800001 unable to find data at offset 0 in image..." when attempting to restore a recovery point within the Symantec Recovery Environment.

http://support.veritas.com/docs/293380
V2i library function call failed: error ED800001: [path iv2i]is corrupt because its size not valid image size.
When using the Import function in VM Ware, the .sv2i file is used to create the VM. The import fails right away reporting that the import was unsuccessful and allow you to view the log.
Possible solutions:
1. Convert the image with the Converter in Backup Exec System Recovery or download the Converter from VM Ware.
2. Create a new one time backup so as to eliminate the incrementals and simplifying the process of importing.
3. Copy the image using the recovery point browser to recompile the image and convert it.