Highlighted

Clean install of SSR-2011?

I'm trying to start with a clean slate for SSR-2011, since I am getting errors removing backup destinations etc.

After using SIM to remove the solution and then reinstalling it, all the settings are still there, including backup status and destinations. When I install via SIM, this is showing up as a Service Pack, not a Solution.

I'd like to wipe out all the settings are start from scratch. Is there a recommended way to do that?

ZC

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Accepted Solution!

Finally fixed

I went the brute force method. I removed the 7.1 agent completely from each server with aexagentutil /clean, and then deleted the resource in the console. I was then able to delete the backup destinations and create a new one. It looks like it is working now. Apparently it was a dependency issue even though the errors I was getting did not say that.

ZC

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Do want to remove the SSR

Do want to remove the SSR Agent/Console/etc or the management solution ?

We are running CMS 7.1 SP2,

We are running CMS 7.1 SP2, so we need to keep the rest of the solutions and management console in place. After removing SSR via SIM, Home->Backup and Recovery in the management console is empty. However, as soon as I reinstall via SIM, all the backup destinations and policies are exactly as they were before.

I have not removed the SSR agents from the nodes we want to back up, I did not think that was necessary for a reinstall.

Hm, you could try to remove

Hm, you could try to remove the files manually from %allusersprofile%\Application Data\Symantec\Symantec System\Recovery\history resp. schedule

Could not find Recovery folder

Under C:\ProgramData\Symantec (corrected for Microsoft "junction point" nonsense), there's no Recovery folder. I've been looking through other places trying to find it, but no luck,

ZC

Try this -

Try this - http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH157372

VJware, The uninstall script

VJware,

The uninstall script worked, and I removed the C:\Program Files\Altiris\Symantec System Recovery Management Solution folder afterwards.

After reinstall, when I go to Home -> Backup and Recovery -> Symantec System Recovery 2011 Management Solution, under the Getting Started, it still shows steps 1-3 as being complete, so it is still remembering that information from somewhere. And of course all the backup destinations are showing, and it won't let me delete any of them.

I think I might have to delete all the clients before I can make any more headway - working on that now. Will post my results.

ZC

Accepted Solution!

Finally fixed

I went the brute force method. I removed the 7.1 agent completely from each server with aexagentutil /clean, and then deleted the resource in the console. I was then able to delete the backup destinations and create a new one. It looks like it is working now. Apparently it was a dependency issue even though the errors I was getting did not say that.

ZC

View solution in original post