cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Clean install of SSR-2011?

zchandran
Level 3

I'm trying to start with a clean slate for SSR-2011, since I am getting errors removing backup destinations etc.

After using SIM to remove the solution and then reinstalling it, all the settings are still there, including backup status and destinations. When I install via SIM, this is showing up as a Service Pack, not a Solution.

I'd like to wipe out all the settings are start from scratch. Is there a recommended way to do that?

ZC

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

zchandran
Level 3

I went the brute force method. I removed the 7.1 agent completely from each server with aexagentutil /clean, and then deleted the resource in the console. I was then able to delete the backup destinations and create a new one. It looks like it is working now. Apparently it was a dependency issue even though the errors I was getting did not say that.

ZC

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

Do want to remove the SSR Agent/Console/etc or the management solution ?

zchandran
Level 3

We are running CMS 7.1 SP2, so we need to keep the rest of the solutions and management console in place. After removing SSR via SIM, Home->Backup and Recovery in the management console is empty. However, as soon as I reinstall via SIM, all the backup destinations and policies are exactly as they were before.

I have not removed the SSR agents from the nodes we want to back up, I did not think that was necessary for a reinstall.

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

Hm, you could try to remove the files manually from %allusersprofile%\Application Data\Symantec\Symantec System\Recovery\history resp. schedule

zchandran
Level 3

Under C:\ProgramData\Symantec (corrected for Microsoft "junction point" nonsense), there's no Recovery folder. I've been looking through other places trying to find it, but no luck,

ZC

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Try this - http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH157372

zchandran
Level 3

VJware,

The uninstall script worked, and I removed the C:\Program Files\Altiris\Symantec System Recovery Management Solution folder afterwards.

After reinstall, when I go to Home -> Backup and Recovery -> Symantec System Recovery 2011 Management Solution, under the Getting Started, it still shows steps 1-3 as being complete, so it is still remembering that information from somewhere. And of course all the backup destinations are showing, and it won't let me delete any of them.

I think I might have to delete all the clients before I can make any more headway - working on that now. Will post my results.

ZC

zchandran
Level 3

I went the brute force method. I removed the 7.1 agent completely from each server with aexagentutil /clean, and then deleted the resource in the console. I was then able to delete the backup destinations and create a new one. It looks like it is working now. Apparently it was a dependency issue even though the errors I was getting did not say that.

ZC