cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Client stats are not getting updated back at BESR MS console..

Linas
Level 6
I spent 3 weeks working with support and all i get is
There are no plans to address this issue by way of a patch or hotfix in the current or previous versions of the software at the present time. However, the issue is currently scheduled to be addressed in the next major revision of the product
http://entsupport.symantec.com/docs/348351

I need to get this working now not 6 months to a year later
18 REPLIES 18

Linas
Level 6

It seems this product is a wait to see what happens and if you wait long enough it will eventually backup your stuff

These issues clear out after a week or two waiting

This is not a solve but a realization that this is the way it is and not to fight progress!

Linas
Level 6

My desktop suddenly shows green that it’s backed up

But when I look I see c drive the boot drive is not backed up and hidden 0-1 partition is not backed up but it show’s I am Backed up?

My boss’s pc shows Need attention her c and G drive just backed up and is backed up just her hidden 0-1 is not backed up but yet her status is at risk but mine is OK?

criley
Employee Accredited

Can you just clarify please: where are you looking at these statuses? In the BESR GUI or in BESR-MS?

And have you configured any level of volume reporting (you can tell BESR to 'ignore' certain volumes which might explain what you are seeing)?

Linas
Level 6

I am looking at the Management Solution

I opened a case with support my computer was always shown at risk and now support called and I am not in risk any more at first I thought maybe I wasn’t managed any more and was not listed any more but to my surprise I am in the Backed Up status

So I go to Manage Tasks on the Besr2010MS and click my computer and click Details to check its status and first page is Status and it shows Backed UP with a description “This computer is currently protected by Backup Exec System Recovery. All recommended drives are backed up.”

So next I check Events I see E and L drives backed up and further down the list I see

2/22/2011

“Info 6C8F1F65: The drive-based backup job, Backup of C:, has been started automatically.”

The next tab Backup History

I see L drive Available and E Available

But C Unavailable and agene and agene

Next tab Volume Status 0-1 Not Reported last backup Never

C drive status Backed up 1/31/2011

E drive backed up 2/24/2011

I checked the backup location E and L backup’s are there. There is no C backup

Now I compare with my Bosses PC

Under Status tab it shows Attention Needed A backup policy or task is assigned but has not been run for a long time

I don’t know what its talking about the jobs just ran on the 25 and they are weekly backups

There is no job to run for the hidden 0-1 partition

Here C an G are backed up just her 0-1 is not and she is listed as AT Risk?

i have not messed with level of volume reporting

criley
Employee Accredited

“Info 6C8F1F65: The drive-based backup job, Backup of C:, has been started automatically.”

So it this the last entry? It sounds as though the backup never completed. The client logs would need to be checked to see what happened.

As for your bosses PC, what is shown for the last and next run time from within the Manage Tasks section?

Linas
Level 6

My bosses pc it looks like all jobs completed

2/15,2/18,2/22,2/25/2/25,3/1,3/4 all completed and are available

Base recovery point and Incremental recovery point’s

But under Status tab in Backup Exec System Recovery Details same message

A backup policy or task is assigned but has not been run for a long time…

Mine seems to be backing up although I get a message ”An automatic recovery point was not created because an earlier recovery point from the same job was still in progress.”

For almost all backups?

It seems all jobs running twice?

You mentioned client logs ?

Ware to find do I have to have support look at them?

criley
Employee Accredited

Mine seems to be backing up although I get a message ”An automatic recovery point was not created because an earlier recovery point from the same job was still in progress.”

For almost all backups?

It seems all jobs running twice?

Have a look here:

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH129983

Linas
Level 6

Some support engineer suggested this to me before

The thing I don’t understand about this work around is

“NOTE: Once RPAM.DLL is unregistered, the machine in question will lose the ability to mount recovery points”

When they mean the machine in question are they talking about all the clients with duplicate job errors meaning all managed clients?

Or are they talking about the management server?

criley
Employee Accredited

When they mean the machine in question are they talking about all the clients with duplicate job errors meaning all managed clients?

The machine in question is the machine that you unregister the DLL on. This is the machine with the duplicate job errors.

Linas
Level 6

This is what I was afraid of so I have to got to each desktop drive all over the country and manually unregister this dll

This doesn’t make sense?

criley
Employee Accredited

It's not ideal, I agree. But this is obviously only a temporary workaround until this issue is fixed.

I would recommend you test this on a few client machines before you roll it out across your environment.

Linas
Level 6

I tried to unregister the DLL not working get error

Working with support and they told me to call Microsoft

I asked him who will pay Microsoft for the support call

He just blames Microsoft

So the only thing that might work is not an option 

criley
Employee Accredited

What error do you see?

Have you tried running the command prompt as administrator?

Linas
Level 6

I was running it like this

If I run RegSVR32.exe /U C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\rpAccess\Rpam.dll

I get this error

RegSvr32

The module "C:\Program" failed to load.

Make sure the binary is stored at the specified path or debug it to check for problems with the binary or dependent .DLL files.

The specified module could not be found.

If I run with quotes

RegSVR32.exe /U "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\rpAccess\Rpam.dll"

I get this error

RegSvr32

The module "c:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\rpAccess\Rpam.dll" was loaded but the call to DLLUnregisterServer failed with error code 0x80070005.

For more information about this problem, search online using the code as a search term.

So the tech finally called me webexed in ran the command and it worked for him then he quickly escaped the session

But he ran it differently

He did cd\C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared

And then ran RegSVR32.exe /U Rpam.dll

I am glad I dint call Microsoft and pay for support for this

I was checking email from besrms and it seems all clients send 3 emails for backup jobs the first is a fail next is start and last is success

But one pc is always fail because of dupe job running

It hasn’t backed up successfully since 02/6/2011 why I don’t know?

I guess a start a new case?

I can’t believe the job is still running for a month and a half

Linas
Level 6

Well now with Rpam disabled the client show’s no backups cannot see any recovery points and backups schedule wiped out no past jobs and no future jobs

Now this is Confidence in a connected world Symantec!

Linas
Level 6

after disableing Rpam brakeing all backup's for the one client

still get same messages of

Info 6C8F17E7: An automatic recovery point was not created because an earlier recovery point from the same job was still in progress

So it seems disabling Rpam just took away the ability to restore backup

Linas
Level 6

The patch came out for this issue in BESR2010 but working with support we opted to roll out the new SSR2011

I built a new server and am struggling with the install Nice messages when trying to install parts of ssr2011

“Cannot be selected for the following reason(s):

-There are no selected or installed products that require this feature or this feature is already installed”

It installs anyway nice confidence building exercise

I think it all installed

Step 1 Active Directory Import

“Can not run “This rule can not be enabled until a schedule has been specified and enabled “

So can not run first part un know scheduling problem?

It seems this hasn’t changed from besr2010ms

Domain discovery seems to have worked I got a bunch of pc’s in inventory although a lot haven’t been on the network for years?

I was able to do step 2 and 3 install management agent and install plug in

But step 4 install SSR2011 on client just says Failed to Start?

Waiting for support to call was supposed to call after lunch 2 hours ago I'll bet he will call as I am walking out the door to go home.

Linas
Level 6

We had a group call with multiple Symantec support people and have to change install option under Extra schedule options un check Run once ASAP

This way it will retry a failed install

So far I have 2 desktops installed but only 1 is backing up

The other fails with an error code I called support and the error is it can not find a second hidden partition and aborts the backup job?