cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cloud Based Backup Destination for System Recovery Management Solution

Ravi_Bhandari
Level 6

Has anyone had any experience of creating backup destinations to point at Cloud storage. We have on site an object storage platform which apparently can use the same protocol as amazon S3. We are interested in utilizing the Peta bytes of storage available through this.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

akihiro1
Employee

I attached how to configure the aws s3 storage. I tested it on Veritas System Recovery 18 SP3 Management Solution.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

akihiro1
Employee

I attached how to configure the aws s3 storage. I tested it on Veritas System Recovery 18 SP3 Management Solution.

Thank you for that, I will ask my colleague who deals with the storage to create a bucket and give me the user account and credentials for it. I will let you know how I get on.

I keep getting an error message

Please enter a valid path. The path must include a drive letter on the remote computer. The folder name must be a valid Windows folder name.

I am trying the example and changing it for the bucket we've created

S3:amazon:vsrtest.<work space>.hcp-p.<domain>/BucketName

Can you only use Storage in Amazon Web Services?

I misstakenly believed that I could use an on site object content platform (Hitachi) that uses the Amazon S3 protocol

I also experienced the same error as you did.
I am asking Engineering whether this is a limitation on the current Management Solution.

In case of the VSR 18 SP3 standalone GUI, I could easily add the same private cloud (minio) which is compatible with S3.
Then, I performed according to Admin Guide and the article below.

https://www.veritas.com/content/support/en_US/doc/38007533-134163406-0/v132419686-134163406
https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/article.100044854

I attached the VSR 18 SP3 standalone GUI though it is not the Management Solution.

Here, we have just setup the AWS on prem storage vm to go from local machines, and out to AWS.

working so far... we are using the Management Solution...

I'm not sure what is meant by the AWS on prem storage vm.

We have a Hitachi Object Content Platform appliance on premises that is S3 compatible. I believe that Netbackup is able to use this, it certainly has the option in the Wizard to backup to it. 

What string did you enter under the destination? I presume that it starts with S3.