cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creator's 2 Update (1709)

CQ
Level 5

Hi,

The next Creator's Update (1709) is expected to start rolling out on Oct 17, 2017.  Any word if VSR 2016 SP2 will be compatible with that update?

Thanks,

CQ

10 REPLIES 10

criley
Employee Accredited

@CQ

I'm checking on this for you ..

criley
Employee Accredited

@CQ

I've confirmed that this requires testing before it can be considered as fully supported by us.

@criley

Thanks for the update Chris.

Microsoft issues the upgrades twice a year and pre-releases new versions as the next upgrade develops. These releases are readily available.  I find it a bit frustrating that Veritas is not more proactive in this area.  Unfortunately, the Veritas upgrade cycle needs to mesh with Microsoft.  I hope we will not have to wait for months like we did in the Symantec days.

Just an observation Smiley Happy  I appreciate your efforts Chris.

CQ

FVC_ITG
Level 1

I just tested on two updated Win10 machines and can only report so far that the backups are extremely slow e.g. instead of taking around an hour to a 2nd local disk as target it's been 8hrs and only 50%. On the other machine that uses a network share I killed it and have performed a repair on the agent, will see later today what happens when I try it again.

Do we have an ETA on a compatible version of VSR?

Working perfectly here.  Backing up sata raid 10, external USB, ssd.

Working perfectly here.  Backing up sata raid 10, external USB, ssd. Every Insider Preview (Now 17025 & 1709)

criley
Employee Accredited

Do we have an ETA on a compatible version of VSR?

Expected this or next week ..

Great!  Thanks for the info Cris.

criley
Employee Accredited