Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom Recovery CD For Server2008 64bit

gmradiator
Level 2

Hello,

I'm using BESR 2010 Server edition.

I need to be able to restore from images located on a NAS.

The standard Recovery CD does not support the 64bit network drivers currently installed on my server (broadcom netxtreme ii gb), and the recovery cd states it can only accept 32bit drivers.

i have downloaded an installation file for 32bit version of the required driver but my question is how do i add this driver to the custom recovery cd.

i can't install the driver on my 64 bit system because it won't allow it due to the driver being 32bit and the OS 64bit.

extracting the driver install files and selecting the inf file from within besr custom cd creation does not like the file - the ok button stays greyed out.

I've been struggling with this for a few weeks.

tried googling for answers, and also emailed symantec support 2 weeks ago but no reply.

Hopefully someone can help with this!

Thanks,

David

6 REPLIES 6

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

Try this one:

Boot the standard SRD

copy the drivers to the ramdrive

use drvload to load the driver -->http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc766390%28WS.10%29.aspx

criley
Employee Accredited

extracting the driver install files and selecting the inf file from within besr custom cd creation does not like the file - the ok button stays greyed out.

Hmm, that's odd. Can you provide the download link to the driver you tried with?

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

Have you had a chance to try ?

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

Any updates ?

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

Any updates ?

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

Any updates ?