cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom SRD Doesn't Contain Drivers I Specified

undejj
Level 3
When I create a Custom SRD, I use the SRD 8.5.5 as a source disk. Then I add drivers using the Create Custom SRD interface. The drivers are stored in a folder on the Desktop of the same server - the Custom SRD wizard accepts the drivers and enumerates them. Then I create an ISO file, move the ISO to another computer and burn the image to a CD. I then insert the CD into the target Windows server and run Verify Drivers. It reports that drivers are missing - the same drivers that I intentionally added to the Custom SRD. This is the second target system that I have tried this on and in both cases, the Custom SRD wizard acknowledges addition of the drivers but then does not insert them to the CD image.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

marcogsp
Level 6
Please see the solution loutlined here:

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/forums/error-creating-custom-environment

I've been able to some of my drivers to inject with the SRD creation process, but for the rest I still use the brute strength and ignorance approach outlined in the linked post.

Also, the truly best way to see if the custom SRD will work with your equipment is to boot with it.  Do not rely on the driver verification process to be completely accurate and complete.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

marcogsp
Level 6
Please see the solution loutlined here:

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/forums/error-creating-custom-environment

I've been able to some of my drivers to inject with the SRD creation process, but for the rest I still use the brute strength and ignorance approach outlined in the linked post.

Also, the truly best way to see if the custom SRD will work with your equipment is to boot with it.  Do not rely on the driver verification process to be completely accurate and complete.

undejj
Level 3
I extracted the files from the SRD 8.5.5 iso to a directory on the system with System Recovery installed. Then I created folders in DDB, following the same format at the other folders, and copied my driver files into the folders. Then I created a Custom SRD using the custom directory that I made. The Custom SRD still failed validation on the target system, but now I am trying to use it to restore a system image. I will let you know how it progresses ..

undejj
Level 3
System image restored successfully using Custom SRD where I dropped my own drivers into the DDB. Worked perfectly - no issues - no prompts - target system looks and functions exactly like host system. Thanks!

marcogsp
Level 6
Undejj -- Thanks for the follow up.  I guess the factory custom SRD process is still a work in progress.