cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom Symantec System Recovery 2013 Disks

PatPatriot55
Level 4

I'm using SSR 2013 SP2 trying to create a custom system recovery disk (64-bit) with an Intel C600+ AHCI driver for a new HP Z440 workstation.

The WinPE version is 6.3.9600 which is Windows 8.1 and i have added the driver using "Create Custom Recovery Disk".

I added The Intel C600+/C220+ AHCI driver version 4.1.0.1046. When I boot with the custom recovery disk I cant see any hard drives.

Does this have anything to do with the fact the workstation is UEFI and a GPT based disk for the operating system?

3 REPLIES 3

criley
Employee Accredited

It should still work with GPT based disks.

Can you try manually loading the driver once you have booted off the recovery disk? Go to Utilities, then 'Load a Driver'. I'm interested to see if this works or not.

If this does not work, can you provide a link to where you downloaded this driver.

PatPatriot55
Level 4

The Intel link below is the driver I'm loading. Its actually Intel C600+/C220+ AHCI driver version 3.8.0.1111.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?DwnldID=23257&lang=eng

I have tried loading manually I eventually get to see the drives (C: and recovery partitions). Should I be loading the x64 or x64_win8_server12 drivers? Sometime I select Utilities, to 'Load a Driver', get an error message that there is no disk and the Symantec Recovery Disk GUI hangs and will not allow futher selections forcing me to reboot.

criley
Employee Accredited

You mentioned earlier that you are using the 64bit SRD so you should be loading/adding the 64bit version of the driver. This one (x64_win8_server12) sounds like the right one to me.