cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deleting recovery points from full drive

JLeslie
Level 4

I have a new customer who backs up 3 servers to a NAS using Symantec BackupExec System Recovery 2010 and Symantec System Recovery 2011. The problem is that the backup jobs were set to only warn when the backup disk was getting full and apparently that didn't happen. So now the disk is full.

I've tried deleting recovery points but because there's no empty space, it wouldn't work. So I moved an old recovery point to another location which gave the disk some room and told System Recovery to delete several other old points. It started doing its thing which includes something called consolidation. Unfortunatey this failed because it said it couldn't find the file I had moved (I did not select it to be deleted). And now when I go back into the delete recovery point window, I can't select any individual points. Instead it asks me if I want to delete ALL of them. Of course I say no. It doesn't even give me the options of Manual, Automatic, or Delete all recovery points in the set.

So what do I do now? I could just delete the rest of the old backups in Explorer, but that apparently messes up System Recovery.

Jonathan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

JLeslie
Level 4

Sorry for not responding. I was perplexed for a while and then due to other events, we decided to just remove all backup sets and start from scratch while reconfiguring the backup jobs. Things are now fine.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

You need to delete a complete recovery point (full and all incremental backups) to make BESR happy.

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

Any updates ?

JLeslie
Level 4

Sorry for not responding. I was perplexed for a while and then due to other events, we decided to just remove all backup sets and start from scratch while reconfiguring the backup jobs. Things are now fine.

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

Great, so please mark your post as solved.