Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Domain Discovery do not work...

Nunzio_Datacare
Level 2
Partner Accredited Certified

Hi,

after a domain discovery i do not see the client list  in the "packages and policies" to procede to install plug-in and agent.

If i looking in the notification server i can see the complete list of client in my domain.

In a forum i read that "You can import selected machines using the import from file method" but i do not find any information about that import fro file that can resolve my problem (because i need to backup only 50 clients and the complete list have more that 2000).

Can someone help me to understand why the discovery do not work and how to using the import from file method?

Thanks in advance

Nunzio

3 REPLIES 3

criley
Employee Accredited

If i looking in the notification server i can see the complete list of client in my domain.

So it sounds like the discovery DID work then...? If you see your client machines listed under Manage/Computers, the notfication server has already discovered those machines.

You can then go the the home page and click on 'Install the Symantec Management Agent'. From here you can just select the 50 machines you want to install the agent on (click on 'Select Computers').

Hope that helps.

Nunzio_Datacare
Level 2
Partner Accredited Certified

Yes upi help me a lot thanks

Nunzio

criley
Employee Accredited

No problem, happy to help. Please mark this thread as solved then..