cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drive Validation: LSR on Desktop

Maran_Supramani
Level 2
I'm using LSR Desktop & I get this message when I do a Drive Validation:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The following devices do not have drivers in the Symantec Recovery Disk CD
NVIDIA nForce Networking Controller

A detailed information about these devices is given below
Class: Net
Class Guid: {4D36E972-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}
Description: NVIDIA nForce Networking Controller
Hardware Id: {1a3e09be-1e45-494b-9174-d7385b45bbf5}\NVNET_DEV0057
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

With Bart PE I can do a rebuild with the NIC drivers - I can't rebuild the Symantec PE can I?
3 REPLIES 3

Maran_Supramani
Level 2
Any help....anybody ?!

Mr__Fabietto
Level 4
Employee
Hi Maran

Unfortunately you cannot rebuild the Symantec PE by yourself.

That means that when booting the machine it will not load the network drivers.

Mr Fabietto
http://fcerullo.spaces.live.com/

Vladimir_Vuci1
Level 4
Maran,

You can try with this:

How to obtain a Custom Symantec Recovery Disk

Situation:
You are attempting to start a computer with the Symantec Recovery disk. The boot process either stops responding at the "Please Wait" screen, or generates a blue screen error.

Solution:
This behavior generally occurs when the Symantec Recovery Disk does not contain the correct drivers for your storage controller. To resolve the problem, Symantec is able to generate custom Recovery Disk CDs with the proper driver set for your environment.

To generate a request for a custom Recovery Disk
Gather the following information :

Required System Information

Open the start menu, click on All Programs.
Click on Accessories, then System Tools.
Click on System Information. The System Information window will open.
Click once on System Summary, in the left pane of the window.
Click on File>Save as an .nfo file, and save the file to your desktop.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: In Windows 2000 use Action>Save. Do not choose Export.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Driver package for storage controller
The driver package consists of a folder containing a txtsetup.oem file, and a matching pair of .inf and .sys files. This folder will normally be found on a CD that came with the motherboard or computer. Any other files contained in this folder should be included as well. If you can not locate this driver package, include the make and model of the computer or motherboard and Symantec may be able to acquire the driver package directly from the manufacturer.

If you are uncertain you have the correct driver package, you can test it by copying the driver folder to a removable disk and using F6 when prompted during the Symantec Recovery Disk boot process to load them. If the Symantec Recovery Disk boots successfully, this confirms the driver package will resolve the issue and should be submitted to Symantec with your ISO request. If this process does not allow the Symantec Recovery Environment to load, then a different driver package is required.

Send these items in a password protected zip file, along with the password, to NIC_Drivers@symantec.com and a custom SRD will be created for you. Symantec will contact you and provide a login ID and password for the Symantec Support FTP site where you will be able to download the ISO image for the custom Recovery Disk. This ISO can then be used to create the physical Recovery Disk.