cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drive information in SSR 2013 R2 event log messages

Kristoffer
Level 2

Hi,

When SSR 2013 starts a diskbased job, it logs the following message to the Windows event log:

Info 6C8F1F65: The drive-based backup job, Drive Backup of (*:\), (C:\), (E:\), has been started automatically.

When SSR 2013 R2 starts a diskbased job, it logs the following message to the Windows event log:

Info 6C8F1F65: The drive-based backup job, Full Backup, has been started automatically.

While i think it is a good thing that the job name is now included I miss which drives are being backed up.

Is there anyway to get SSR R2 to also log which drives are backed up? Or can it be added again in an update / servicepack? I use this information in a monitoring application and this causes issues for me.

Regards

Kristoffer

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

criley
Employee Accredited

By default, drive letters are included in the job name. It looks like someone has changed this on the machine that you are looking at.

Can you edit the job and look at the Options page - looks like the 'Name' has been changed to 'Full Backup'.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

criley
Employee Accredited

By default, drive letters are included in the job name. It looks like someone has changed this on the machine that you are looking at.

Can you edit the job and look at the Options page - looks like the 'Name' has been changed to 'Full Backup'.

Kristoffer
Level 2

Oh, I see.

I thought it was information that was automatically added to the event.

I have renamed the job to match my requirements.

Thanks!

criley
Employee Accredited

No problem. Feel free to mark this thread as solved ...