cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Editing "Backup Status" pie chart setpoints

McSpud
Level 3

Hello, I posted a similar request 2 years ago when SSR was at v2011, but it seems there hasn't been any change since.

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/forums/atention-needed-report-show-older-180-days

I'm now using SSR 2013R2 and wondering if any of you have found a way of changing the setpoints behind the "Backup Status" pie chart that flags machines as 'attention needed', 'not reporting' etc etc.   My backup schedule does not align with the reporting windows of this pie chart metric, and I'd like to adjust that.  

As a side note, do any of you know what table in the database contains the last backup date? Maybe I could query that and create my own metric data.

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

criley
Employee Accredited

Try this:

SELECT _ResourceGuid, vc.Name, max(bimg.Timestamp) as LastBackup FROM Inv_BESR_Image as bimg
JOIN vComputer as vc on bimg._ResourceGuid=vc.Guid
Group by bimg._ResourceGuid,vc.Name

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

criley
Employee Accredited

Creating your own report is the only way to do this that I know of. The following SQL query should give you what you need:

SELECT  MAX(Timestamp) AS LastBackup FROM Inv_BESR_Image WHERE _ResourceGuid = <computerguid>

McSpud
Level 3

Hi Chris, thats a great start! How do I get this query to show actual machine names rather than that really long an unrecognisable _ResourceGuid number?

criley
Employee Accredited

Try this:

SELECT _ResourceGuid, vc.Name, max(bimg.Timestamp) as LastBackup FROM Inv_BESR_Image as bimg
JOIN vComputer as vc on bimg._ResourceGuid=vc.Guid
Group by bimg._ResourceGuid,vc.Name