cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 1067: The Process terminated unexpectedly.

BA_Baracus
Not applicable

I am using Backup Exec System Recovery Server Edition v8.02 and am trying to restore a Windows Server 2003 Microsoft Virtual Machine (from Virtual Server 2005) to a physical machine (Proliant Dl360 G5). The restore process completes fine but when I bootup the server some services do not startup.

When I manually try to start the services via the services mmc I get the error:

Could not start the Enterprise Manager Service on Local Computer.

Error 1067: The process terminated unexpectedly.

There are several services related to the application that runs on the server that will not start.

Is this a known issue and is there a fix available?

Any help appreciated.

1 REPLY 1

David_F
Level 6
Employee Accredited
This error could be a result of the retargeting process not injecting the correct network interface card controller, or during the Windows mini-setup wizard phase the driver does not properly allocate the network protocols the previous system had. Check the setupapi.log setuperror.txt setuplog.txt  log files to see if a mini-setup error had occur. Note if you had to install the network interface card driver after the restore you may want to re-restore and this time prior use when selecting the restore Anyware option the CTRL key to be prompt for drivers for the network interface card.  Use the Windows system variable devmgr_show_nonpresent_devices with a value of 1 to see if you are able under Device manager| View | Show hidden devices other network adapters or phantom adapters from the previous system.