cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error E0BB0184: There is not enough free space

stephane57
Level 3

Hello,

I have 32% of free space on the volume (D:) that I want to backup with SSR 2011 but I get always this error message:

"Date : 05/06/2014 06:55:28
Type de notification : Erreur
Priorité : Élevé
Description : Erreur EC8F17B7 : Impossible de créer des points de récupération pour l'opération : Sauvegarde du lecteur de (D:\).
        Erreur E0BB0184 : L'espace libre est insuffisant pour conserver l'image du cliché sur le volume D:\.
Détails : 0xE0BB0184"

I have try with and without compression but it's the same problem. I have follow Symantec recommandation (more than 24% of free space and defragment the volume). You can verify on the screenshot attached to this post.

Could you provide me a solution to solve this problem ?

Thanks for your help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

OK, one last thing is to set the vss size to unrestriced. This did the trick in nearly all cases.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

Maybe a problem with VSS have a look here: https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/forums/ssr-2013-trial-vsseinsufficientstorage-error

or here http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH200584

stephane57
Level 3

Thanks, this is interesting documentation about VSS. I finally fix the problem by settings the compression to 'high'. I think the official documentation is wrong about the 24% of free space.

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

Lucky you ! So please mark this post as solved!

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

Nope, there is a option available "Mark as solution"

stephane57
Level 3

I re-open this ticket. The problem appear again. [Not enough free space].

Could you explain how SSR 2011 works? It stores some temporary files ? How it's possible to have a message of "not enough free space" when we have 650 Gb of free space ?

I don't understand why your software doesn't directly store all the data on the network share. If I disable the compression it's the same problem.

Thanks for a true solution.

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

As I'm not a Symantec employee I can only give you my information: SSR uses the VSS framework to get the backup data at the point in time. And this VSS storage space needs to be of a certain size. Do you have set the VSS shadow size to unrestricted already?

stephane57
Level 3

I have install the service pack 3 for SSR2011 (10.0.2) so now we are in 10.0.3 version I have reboot the server and the backup seems ok today.

About VSS, the limit is at 32 Gb and we only use 26Gb so I didn't change the size to unrestricted.

We will stop using this SSR in the next months. It's not stable.

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

OK, one last thing is to set the vss size to unrestriced. This did the trick in nearly all cases.

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

Have you tried yet?

stephane57
Level 3

This finally works.