cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error E7D10041

giorgiobusoni
Level 5

On a PC running windows server 2008 core with hyper-v installed on it, that is configured to backup on a network share using a custom user (that is used onl for this reason), I was able to run only the first backup. The, from the second one, it keeps showing up this error: E7D10041.

Now I have installed SSR2011 also on a client, a laptop running windows 2011. I configured it to backup on another network share, using another custom user. I wasn't able to make even the first backup, it keeps giving me error E7D10041.

In this second case, i tried to run the backup manually and I saw that when backup tries to start 3 events 5152 show up in windows security registry: it mean packets blocked by firewall...but firewall is configured not to run on the internal network connection (server has 2 network adapters, one to external network and one to internal, windows firewall is configured to run only on the external connection, howeaver packes are beeing dropped also on the internal connection....

bug?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

criley
Employee Accredited

Sorry, my bad. I forgot you were talking about core server here.

As Markus says, a service restart should help.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

Whats the exact error message in the SSR event log ?

giorgiobusoni
Level 5

this is the error in the desktop

Errore EC8F03ED: Impossibile creare il punto di ripristino.
Errore E7D10041: Impossibile stabilire una connessione di rete a \\dc2\backup server.
Errore EBAB03F1: Le connessioni multiple a un server o a una risorsa condivisa da parte dello stesso utente, utilizzando più di un nome utente, non sono consentite. Interrompere tutte le connessioni precedenti al server o alla risorsa condivisa e riprovare. (UMI:V-281-3215-6071)

I was to successfully make a backup creating a new destination, to the same share, but using the ip adress....what does it mean? I would like to use dns name instead, because I will be using a DFS space, so the ip may change but dns will not...(NOTE: actually the share where i'm tring to backup is NOT a DFS space, I will create the DFS space when all is working, so the error is not related to DFS probems)

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

One thing you could try is to define a pre command job and run a net use * /d in there.

giorgiobusoni
Level 5

I have changed some permissions on the share, now the backup of the desktop seems to work....I let you know if it starts giving again that error....

Now I start working on the hyperv server, to see what's wrong there....

One question: how may I force the agent on the core server to update the policy from the management server? I changed them yesterday but it hasn't updated policy yet...

criley
Employee Accredited

By default, the update interval is 1 hour so it should have got the updated policy by now.

You can force the update by right-clicking on the agent tray icon on the core server and choosing 'Symantec Management Agent Settings' / 'Update'.

giorgiobusoni
Level 5

but...where do i find tray icon in windows server core....???

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

There is no tray icon in server core. Try restart the AexNSClient service instead.

criley
Employee Accredited

Sorry, my bad. I forgot you were talking about core server here.

As Markus says, a service restart should help.